What is a Traineeship/Study Programme?
Traineeships and study programs prepare young people aged 16 and 24 for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready'.
They provide the essential work preparation training, IT, Maths and English and real employer work experience. This means you can progress into a job or an Apprenticeship.
These are short, job focussed courses that mean you can progress quickly.
How much do they cost?
Traineeships and Study Programs are provided at no cost for learners who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Between 16 and 24 years
- Have little or no work experience
- Reside in the West Midlands, East Midlands or North West to meet our funding contract
Typically they include
- Skills training and where needed vocational qualifications in your chosen area
- Work preparation training which ensures you have the skills and confidence needed for an Apprenticeship or other job
- Maths, English and IT support if you need it
- At least 70 hours high quality work experience with a local employer who is looking to recruit
- Help to build your CV and support to improve your interview skills.
The training elements of our courses are currently delivered through online learning and remote support from our Training Advisors or within our training centres depending on the course type.
Currently we offer traineeships in Childcare and Health & Social Care.
Got a question?
To find out more about alternative career pathways you can call us on 01782 711927 or alternatively you can complete an enquiry form and we will contact you.