Ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of all our learners and Apprentices is central to what we do.
We have put in place a range of processes and procedures to ensure that everyone is to achieve their very best whilst remaining safe and free from harm.
Should you have any comment or concerns, please contact your Training Advisor, Manager or one our Designated Safeguarding Officers in confidence on email@example.com.
Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and Implementation
Group Policy Status
The following statement outlines the organisational policy across The BCTG Group. This includes BCTG Limited, PTP Training and Eurosource Solutions. It is also the policy adopted by Group Partner companies, Further Training and The Apprenticeship Works. From this, each individual business develops their own specific procedures to implement this policy.
It is The Groups policy to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its learners, staff and partners’ staff and to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and all other allied relevant legislation as appropriate.
Principles Underpinning the Policy
- The Group accepts that it is responsible for providing a healthy and safe environment for all staff, learners, visitors, partners and members of the public, who take part in organised activities or who may be affected by activities organised under partnership agreements.
- We expect that all partners contracted to deliver programmes on its behalf have procedures in place which reflect the implementation statements below
- Notwithstanding its legal and moral responsibilities to ensure a safe environment within which all are protected, it is the responsibility and duty of all staff, learners, and partners to co-operate, conform and comply with the requirements of this policy
- We are is committed to the Safe Learner concept which will ensure that all learners gain an understanding of the importance of health, safety, safeguarding and personal welfare, develop a responsible attitude to risk and adopt safe behaviours.
Related Group policies
- Equality and diversity
- Safeguarding and Prevent
- Social networking
- Lone working
- Staff code of conduct
Implementation of the Policy
The overall policy aim will be achieved through a range of procedures. These may vary between businesses in The Group, but all will ensure the following is achieved.
We undertake to have in place arrangements which
- Ensure that equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health
- Identify and clearly record the responsibilities of staff with specific responsibilities for health and safety
Comply with COSSH regulations
- Provide appropriate training to ensure the health and safety of staff, learners and partners
- Check and maintain a working environment for staff and learners that is safe and without risks to health
Ensures the provision of personal protective equipment where required
- Will monitor the effectiveness of BCTG’s health and safety provisions
- Provide first aid facilities and training for nominated personnel responsible for the administering of first aid
- Are responsive to RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations) investigation and recording arrangements.
- Keep The Group Safety, Health and Welfare Policy under regular review.
As a result of effective implementation of this Policy, The Group will ensure the following
- The elimination of all reportable accidents
- All potential risks or identified issues on our premises or at a workplace are readily addressed.
- Any staff or learner deemed to be at significant risk at our premises or at an employer’s workplace are immediately removed until the risk is addressed.
- Any health, safety or welfare issues arising from learner and staff feedback is promptly addressed.
Policy review This policy will be reviewed annually by The Group Governing Body.